So..I was brainstorming of "fun" things to do and when I was about to approach J, I was sure to get the, "are you serious" look...but I was positive and determined that he would love my idea. And he did.
....at approximately 11:45 we gathered the blanket, champagne glasses, camera and headed out the door. There is this rather large hill next to where we live that has multiple tire tracks/ paths that other people have gone off roading on and J has been drooling over taking our "truck" {"" because it's a toyato tacoma folks not the best truck to take off roading} to where the big trucks play. I would always say um, yeah maybe next time...and that next time happened to be new years eve. Don't get me wrong I have complete trust in his driving maneuver abilities {he really is good, we've been to moab a couple of times off roading but that was in JEEPS mind you} and I was just nervous about the oops, didn't see that giant rock, or hey, where did that hole come from.
Off we went up the hill and it was exhilarating, nerve racking {for me}, adventurous all wrapped up in one. Everything went smooth no bumps or bruises to the truck, thank goodness. Once we got to the top we got out and had a few minutes to spare till mid-night. It was breathtaking up on the hill. We could pretty much see all of the valley and the stars...oh the stars, so many stars. And then...fireworks starting appearing across the valley and it was so neat. Neither of us were expecting to see fireworks and as we counted down from 10 I felt so giddy and grateful to be there with just him and as the clock hit 12 we kissed and rang in the new year with some more fireworks {they just kept on coming} and we thought about cracking the bubbly but it was just too cold :) we took our final look around and jumped back in the truck and headed home.
It was the best New Years yet!



2 comments:
Most adorable post ever! You two are just so sweet and perfect!
Thanks stacie! We are far from perfect, but we do like to have lots of fun. Also it's nice to know someone other than me looks at this thing :)
Post a Comment