Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cozumel

Our first port was beautiful Cozumel, Mexico.  All we did was snorkel {the island wasn't very secluded and pretty metropolitan with tons of the typical Mexican shops with the touristy souvenir items} so after we got done snorkeling we came back to the ship and just laid out on the deck soaking up that Mexican sun.
 
Back to snorkeling.
There was a group of us who wanted to go snorkeling so we hopped on a boat with Fredy {our guide} and set out for what we thought would be a fun boat ride out into the ocean. In reality the boat took us 10 feet off the shore with the ships still in sight. It wasn't terrible. I think we all were just a little shocked how close the area was, and I know I was thinking how easy it would have been to have jumped off the side of the ship and snorkled around.

 Anyway...It was really fun and worth it because Fredy  fed the fish which made it fun swimming through and with the schools of colorful fish. He also pointed out different caves, a sunken boat and even picked up a water snake! a water SNAKE. crazy man. He was a great guide. There were only 2 down parts of our snorkeling adventure...

#1 being the microscopic jelly fish. I was stung a lot {first my hands, then legs and back} and Julius was stung 0 times not sure how that happend. Luckily the stinging didn't last long or hurt that bad, mostly just uncomfortable for a couple minutes and then left a beautiful red welt.

#2 I thought I would snorkel with a life jacket. Just to you know, be safe {looking back I probably didn't need to because there wasn't much of a current or any waves to battle}
but anyway  back to downfall #2 I didn't even think about putting my hair up and just jumped in the water with my hair down. Big Mistake! My hair got tied around the blow-up tube that inflated the life jacket! and I could not get it free. I was not happy and Fredy decided he could fix the problem...next thing I know Fredy has this nasty, rusted, fish gut covered knife and keeps gesturing how the only possible way to fix this dilemma is to cut my hair, MY HAIR! Being the logical person I am...was thinking ya, right buddy not with that disease infested knife. Carlos {the other deckhand} soon came to my rescue and some how with magic hands set my hair free!!!  Immediately after my hair was free I threw my arms around Carlos praising him for the miracle that had just taken place. He looked a little confused so I let go and simply said, "Gracias!"

Cozumel was beautiful and I loved every part of our snorkeling adventure.


 1..2..3 open your eyes. I couldn't do it, I have ridiculously sensitive eyes.
If you look closely at my upper back/scapula you can see the present left by the friendly jelly fish of Cozumel

  









 Fredy and Carlos






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...