Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ko'Olina


I have been told how great Ko'Olina is and how beautiful and peaceful it is there, but it went above and beyond my expectations and that seems to be the case with most new places I visit here in Oahu. Anyway, after I got done with the gym I decided instead of heading home I would check out the lagoon's at Ko'Olina. It was a quick drive down to the shore with the windows down and the smell of the ocean air filling up the truck. Ko'Olina delivered...big time! I practically jumped out of the truck just excited to explore a little. After walking around for a bit I found a little spot along the rocks, sat down and put my earphones in and listened to general conference. {side bar: Best place ever to listen to conference by the way!} The peace and serenity engulfed my body and the the little bubble that surrounded me with thoughts of this beauty of earth and that it has been created for us. I felt such gratitude to be there. The waves that would roll and come crashing against the rock came in perfect harmony with the one speaker who spoke on having a sure foundation. I also felt that it wasn't a coincidence that I had ended up in Ko'Olina today and to listen to conference. One speakers talk allowed for perfect imagery as  foundation of the shore line was being thrashed with each coming wave. The primary song kept coming to mind along with thoughts about our foundations being sure and unwavering...
"
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock."

Life is a lot like the ocean. It comes in sets. At times it seems overwhelming with each toppling wave after another, but as it soon as seems to be just to much to bear the set lets up and the ocean is calm for just a couple moments.







^^^this little guy has seen better days^^^



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...