Friday, November 11, 2011

a winter's home



Today after lunch julius and I thought we would visit the historical site of Brigham Young's winter home here in St. George. It's always special to go and visit the homes of past prophets and being in Brigham's winter home today really reminded me of our trip to Nauvoo and the spirit that I experienced there in his home in Nauvoo.


The rocking chair above has a piece of metal holding it together where it once had been broken.
The tour guide pointed this out to us and compared that piece of metal to the Savior and that he can mend our broken spirits, hearts and souls or whatever we may be in need of because we all have been broken at one time or may be feel broken, but the Savior can be the metal piece to mend and make us whole again.
I know this to be true and I know that Christ is the healer of my heart and soul and I am so grateful for the reminder I got o



f that today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...