Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Waimea Bay

Julius and I spent the day at Waimea Bay up on the North Shore. The weather was overcast with a light sprinkle of rain every now and then. Honestly, the North Shore makes up for Oahu. Big Time. It's basically the island's saving grace. When I was picturing Oahu I pictured a quaint ocean front surfer's paradise, scatted with hole in the wall surf-n-turf restaurants in their original dilapidated charm filled state...Boy, was I wrong. Thank goodness for Haleiwa and the North Shore they definitely picked up the slack from Waikiki and Honolulu and gave me exactly what I was hoping for and had pictured. If only we lived up there. 

Waimea is just so chill. The bay parking lot was full that day and we ended up having to park in the Waimea Falls parking lot (which hopefully we get a chance to see sometime soon). The waves were intense and I was just wanting to observe and watch all the boogie boarders get tossed and turned in the shore break. Julius was riding and loving the waves so much that he attempted multiple times at "encouraging" me to come into the water. I went reluctantly. Unfortunately I'm not a little mermaid who can just dive in  head first to waves much taller than I am and a shore break that is crashing literally straight down on the shore line. I try to be brave but the ocean makes me a little nervous...and to be honest rip-tides scare the living day lights out of me.

I did muster up some courage after one of the sets were over to go and ride some of the little "baby" waves as julius calls them. I did enjoy it...Julius was very patient with me and allowing me to freakout a little when I would see a wave about ready to crest, and my immediate reaction would be, "babe!! it's going to get us!!" So after my short session I decided to jump out of the water and take some pictures of my swimmer dude riding the waves. I think I got some good ones. He was definitely pleased with the outcome.



































 ^^^favorite^^^

 ^^^if you look closely you can see people getting tossed^^^

 ^^^deciding whether or not I would go out again...um, maybe next time^^^

 ^^^it was a good day^^^


1 comment:

Dusty and Stacie Johnson said...

So fun! You guys are adorable :) I am glad you are enjoying all the wonderful things that Hawaii has to offer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...